November 29, 2017East Lake School
Big Idea: The Rocky View Learning Department supports teachers and leaders who have innovative ideas that re-imagine the possibilities for learning and provides opportunities for them to connect with each other to collaborate on current initiatives and inspire new ones. This meeting will allow east side schools to collaborate on the goals and vision of the physical literacy initiatives within RVS.
- Be Fully Present
- Assume a Beginner’s Mindset for the work. Park your title, be open-minded, empathetic, and Channel your inner Roy Group coach and coachee.
- Fierce Collaboration: Lean in, get creative, embrace discomfort and have an awareness of your role in creating an engaging atmosphere.
- Make, Create, Do
- We use processes and protocols that help us to be collaborative and creative together.
What does physical literacy look like in our school?
How can we get kids up and active in schools?
How might we encourage teachers to embrace active classrooms?
What types of PD opportunities can we invest in to inform our teachers?
A succinct caption explaining your physical literacy goal for your school.
A visual pitch to outline big ideas, people/places/partners, make/create/do, exhibition
November 29, 2017- Agenda
3:15pm Introductions and Hellos
3:30pm Brainstorming big ideas
– What does INCLUSIVE physical literacy look like in schools?
– How can we get kids up and active in schools?
– How might we encourage teachers to embrace active classrooms?
3:45pm Shop and Select favourite ideas (Pitch Tool)
– Big Idea, Make/Create/Do, Exhibition
4:05pm Group share ideas
4:15pm P3 population with Gallery Walk
4:25pm Closing and reminder about admin PL 😉
4:30pm Exit Pass
– Next Steps?