Identity is important.
Our students and staff will be connected with Herons Crossing and it will be a part of their identity, we have an obligation to help craft that in a positive way.
What do we mean by School Identity and why is it important?
What are we doing really well? What are we known for?
What are the signature Herons Crossing experiences or aspects of our community?
What is a GIANT? When students leave our school what characteristics are we striving for?
Our WHAT: Developing shared mission or purpose for the committee.
March 9, 2020
3:00pm Welcome and Introduction
3:10pm Guiding Principles for the School Identity Committee.
– What do we mean by School Identity and why is it important?
– What is your experience with organizational identity or being connected to an organization with shared beliefs and ideas?
– Share back to the group. Develop the WHY for our committee.
3:30pm Who we are and Where we’re going.
– What are the signature Herons Crossing experiences? Clubs, Events, Projects, Places…
– What makes us stand out?
– When students leave our school what characteristics are we striving for?
– What do we want to be know for? What makes us stand out, or what is special about teaching and learning at Herons Crossing?
3:40 Switch: Group A and B switch and ideate toward the new topic.
– Read what has already been posted, contribute new ideas, move stickies if similarities or themes are apparent.
3:50 Sort and Theme. In looking at the collected ideas, move sticky notes into common clusters.
4:00 Next Step is for the admin team to collect and consolidate the feedback to share back to staff.