February 26, 2018Rainbow Creek Elementary
Big Idea: The Rocky View Learning Department supports teachers and leaders who have innovative ideas that re-imagine the possibilities for learning and provides opportunities for them to connect with each other to collaborate on current initiatives and inspire new ones. This meeting will allow east side schools to collaborate on the goals and vision of the physical literacy initiatives within RVS.
- Be Fully Present
- Assume a Beginner’s Mindset for the work. Park your title, be open-minded, empathetic, and Channel your inner Roy Group coach and coachee.
- Fierce Collaboration: Lean in, get creative, embrace discomfort and have an awareness of your role in creating an engaging atmosphere.
- Make, Create, Do
- We use processes and protocols that help us to be collaborative and creative together.
What does physical literacy look like in our school?
How can we get kids up and active in schools?
How might we encourage teachers to embrace active classrooms?
What types of PD opportunities can we invest in to inform our teachers?
A succinct caption explaining your physical literacy goal for your school.
A visual pitch to outline big ideas, people/places/partners, make/create/do, exhibition
February 26, 2018 – Agenda
9:00am Introductions and Hellos
9:10am Brainstorming big ideas
– What does INCLUSIVE physical literacy look like in schools?
– How can we get kids up and active in schools?
– How might we encourage teachers to embrace active classrooms?
9:30am Shop and Select favourite ideas (Pitch Tool)
– Big Idea, Make/Create/Do, Exhibition
10:00am Group share ideas
10:15am Hashtag for the group
10:30am Illustrated Learning Journey
11:45am Exit Pass
– Next Steps?
12:30pm Introduction to Adaptive Physical Literacy
– With Prof. Brandi from Red Deer College
3:00pm Question period
3:30pm End of Day