February 16, 2018RVS Learning Specialists
Big Idea: The Rocky View Learning Department supports teachers and leaders who have innovative ideas that re-imagine the possibilities for learning and provides opportunities for them to connect with each other to collaborate on current initiatives and inspire new ones. This meeting will allow east side schools to collaborate on the goals and vision of the physical literacy initiatives within RVS.
- Be Fully Present
- Assume a Beginner’s Mindset for the work. Park your title, be open-minded, empathetic, and Channel your inner Roy Group coach and coachee.
- Fierce Collaboration: Lean in, get creative, embrace discomfort and have an awareness of your role in creating an engaging atmosphere.
- Make, Create, Do
- We use processes and protocols that help us to be collaborative and creative together.
What does physical literacy look like in our school?
How can we get kids up and active in schools?
How might we encourage teachers to embrace active classrooms?
What types of PD opportunities can we invest in to inform our teachers?
A succinct caption explaining your physical literacy goal for your school.
A visual pitch to outline big ideas, people/places/partners, make/create/do, exhibition
Need to Know
Individuals who are physically literate move with competence and confidence in a wide variety of physical activities in multiple environments that benefit the healthy development of the whole person
Benefits include: Immediate improved alertness and memory, increased intellectual functioning and sparked creativity. Long term slowing (even reversal) of age related decline in mental function and loss of memory.
February 16, 2018 – Agenda
12:00pm Introductions and Hellos
– Dice Game (get up and move)
12:10pm Brainstorming big ideas
– What does physical literacy look like in my school (currently)? – discussion
– How might we get kids up and active in schools?
– post-it brainstorm to knowledge commons
– How might we incorporate physical literacy into our own specialized departments?
– 2 stars and a wish
12:25pm Group share ideas 🙂