January 24, 2018Cochrane High School
Big Idea: The Rocky View Learning Department supports teachers and leaders who have innovative ideas that re-imagine the possibilities for learning and provides opportunities for them to connect with each other to collaborate on current initiatives and inspire new ones.
- Be Fully Present
- Assume a Beginner’s Mindset for the work. Park your title, be open-minded, empathetic, and Channel your inner Roy Group coach and coachee.
- Fierce Collaboration: Lean in, get creative, embrace discomfort and have an awareness of your role in creating an engaging atmosphere.
- Make, Create, Do
- We use processes and protocols that help us to be collaborative and creative together.
How might we develop engaging and authentic school based physical literacy initiatives that help advance the goals in the RVS 4 year plan?
What opportunities exist in Rocky View for collaboration, community partnership and innovation, specifically developing physical literacy in schools?
Who will I need to support this initiative and in what ways?
To flesh out your physical literacy framework, and to share it to receive feedback for revision. Solidify your vision and package it so it can be shared with others.
A succinct caption explaining your physical literacy framework.
A pitch including vision, major players, links and exhibition.
A visual learning journey sketching the benchmarks along the way.
A Stakeholder Map identifying important stake holder groups and their relationship to the project.
January 24, 2018 – Agenda
12:30pm Introductions and Hellos (Norms)
12:45pm Chris Fenlon-MacDonald and/or Chesa Corsiatto from EverActive Schools
Supports Offered email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
– What is physical literacy?
– JumpStart Grant explanation (division of funds)
– Community partners
– Direction of program
1:15pm Body Break
1:45pm Theresa McIsaac from AHS – Supports Offered
– Incorporating physical literacy into your school ed plan
2:00pm School learning walk and populate knowledge commons
– What does INCLUSIVE physical literacy look like in schools?
– How can we get kids up and active in schools, and after school?
– How might we encourage teachers to embrace active classrooms?
2:15pm Shop and Select favourite ideas (Pitch Tool)
– Develop Pitch
– Big Idea, Make/Create/Do, Exhibition
2:45pm Group share ideas
3:00pm Group Blab – scaffolding we might need
3:15pm Critical Friends Protocol / Gallery Walk
– I like, I wish, I wonder, what if?
– populate P3 gallery walk
– Create a HASHTAG ### for your friend
3:25pm Next Steps (conversations, observations, relationships, inquiries, to dos)
– plot your learning journey timeline
3:35pm Closing & Exit Pass
– Next Steps?