Literacy Leadership and Coaching
School literacy leaders:
- Have a strong understanding of literacy development.
- Work with all staff in the on-going development and implementation of quality literacy programs.
- Provide effective supervision to support quality literacy instruction.
- Engage in critical and collaborative dialogue.
- Model lifelong learning and engage in continuous, deep professional learning in literacy.
- Highlight effective research-based literacy practices.
- Reflect on ongoing teacher literacy learning and school based leadership practices.
- Create dynamic learning environments and foster teacher leadership and coaching strategies to sustain growth and development.
- Create guidelines and collect, analyze, report and act on school data to support literacy for all learners.
- Allocate resources to support implementation of quality literacy programming across the curriculum.
- Facilitate partnerships and connect with agencies to support student literacy development.
- Value and celebrate success.