Collaborative protocol for quickly developing tools, graphic organizers and more to meet the needs of your design.
This Gets You
to work with a partner or small group to quickly actualize a prototype for a tool, rubric, graphic organizer, or other need in your instructional design.
Keep in Mind
this is a rapid tool brainstorm. Use pens and paper to create prototypes that can then be polished and published for an audience.
- Create a space for rapid tool prototyping with paper and pens.
- In pairs or small groups take turns pitching a tool or need for your instructional design: rubric, graphic organizer, poster, template, etc.
- The partners will rapidly sketch a potential tool idea, iterate share, revise, and improve for 5-7 minutes.
- At the end of the time, put the tools generated aside and the other partner will pitch need for the next ideation round.
- You may want to create a Tool Commons where participants can see, and share in, all of the prototypes.
*HINT: Using the same size and type of paper for all of the tool creation will make scanning the tools as package easier, and sharing the file among the group.