Reflecting on Mindful DesignStepping Stones to Mental Health and RVS Learning Design
Big Idea: The Rocky View Learning Department supports teachers and leaders who have innovative ideas and provides opportunities for them to collaborate on current initiatives and to inspire new ones. This session will focus on designing to incorporate mindfulness practices into schools and classrooms.
- Be Fully Present
- Bring a Creative Commons Mindset
- Adopt a beginner’s mindset
- W.A.I.T. Why am I talking?
- Take Risks and Fail Forward
- Make Learning Visible
How might we use design thinking to enhance our current and future practices as designers of powerful learning opportunities for students ?
How might we incorporate mindfulness into our practice in authentic, engaging and effective ways?
Firsthand exploration of design thinking processes and protocols.
Collaboratively design project pitches for cross disciplinary mindfulness.
Collaboratively design project pitches for whole school mindful practice and protocols.
Multiple ideations of cross disciplinary mindfulness initiatives.
Agenda: Monday, May 28
9:00am Introduction: Norms for our work together
9:05am Elizabeth Barrett Mindfulness
9:30am Walk and Talk Protocol
– share what you did last day with a group of 3-4
***please make sure to dress for the weather***
10:20am Adobe SPARK Post Scaffolding
10:35am Create a deliverable
– create a deliverable that shows what mindfulness means to you
– when complete, email to email@example.com
– print for Gallery (and booklet to give out)
12:15pm Lunch with friends
– walk, laugh, eat and have fun!
– Gallery walk Adobe SPARKLES
1:15pm Chime with Stephanie
1:20pm Continued Experiences in Mindfulness
– Mindfulness in Langdon with Margaret
1:35pm PITCH tool
– Group brainstorms for more ideas, new ideas, how to share and reflect
2:10pm Critical Friends Protocol
– I like…
– I wonder…
– What if…
2:30pm Theresa AHS
– Comprehensive School Health
3:00pm Return to Pitch and fix
– Next Steps
3:30pm Mandala activity
4:00pm Exit pass and Depart