Mobile Escape PL: May 18Indus School
- Be Fully Present
- Bring a Creative Commons Mindset
- Adopt a beginner’s mindset
- W.A.I.T. Why am I talking?
- Take Risks and Fail Forward
- Make Learning Visible
How might we use design thinking to enhance our current and future practices as designers of powerful learning opportunities for students ?
Firsthand exploration of design thinking processes and protocols.
Collaboratively design project pitches for cross disciplinary inquiry.
Develop professional competencies that are sought after by school jurisdictions in Alberta.
Multiple ideations of cross disciplinary units of study
8:45am Introduction, coffee, hellos, mingle
9:00am Mobile Escape Experience
10:00am Empathy: What are the characteristics of powerful learning? What do you hope to see once your practice is fully matured and the learning is at its very best? Populate to knowledge commons.
10:15am Sort & Label: Group and distill the various characteristics in to a few (3-5) broad categories. Share these to the larger group.
10:20am Puzzle Brainstorm, what do good puzzles look like?
10:30am RIG Ideation locked room ideas for your group design
10:50am C&R with Critical Friends
11:00am Return, iterate and build locked room challenge
11:15am Watch UX Locked Room
– discuss what you noticed, what you liked, what stood out
11:30am PITCH Declaration
– The big ideas that might be explored by your discipline within that phenomenon (topics, concepts).
– One or more driving questions that could drive student learning.
– What students will make, create, do or become in this learning
12:00pm Lunch with Walk and Talk
– discuss your idea!
12:30pm Return to pitch and add or fix things you’d like to do
12:45pm P3 Populate and Gallery Walk
1:00pm Return to pitch canvas and reflect on feedback
1:30pm Exit Pass and Departure