These immersive experiences are designed for when you have an innovative idea that you’d like help actualizing in your school. Whether it’s a new learning design, a way to foster student voice, or a change in your community, join us for a day of collaborative design to bring your idea to life. The Design Incubator helps you actualize your innovative ideas about making things that matter with learners.
Design Incubator Fundamentals
- Be Fully Present
- Assume a Beginner’s Mindset for the work. Park your title, be open-minded, empathetic, and Channel your inner Roy Group coach and coachee.
- Fierce Collaboration: Lean in, get creative, embrace discomfort and have an awareness of your role in creating an engaging atmosphere.
- Make, Create, Do
- We use processes and protocols that help us to be collaborative and creative together.
Design Incubator Agenda
Nov 17, 2017
8:30am Introduction and Selfie Wall.
9:00am “Coffee Talk” to co-develop pitch.
- Pitch Tool: Brainstorm your big ideas, deliverables, community partners and ideas for exhibition.
9:30am “Studio Time” to refine caption and publish to visual framework.
10:30am Coffee and Gallery Walk
- Crowd sourced authenticity, people, places, partners, disciplines, resources
- Making the learning REAL
- P3 Spam
11:00am Illustrated Learning Journey: Scope and sequence the experiences and reflections that might form the learning journey.
11:30am Critical Friends Protocol: Share your caption and the essential details from your visual.
- Partner/s Feedback: (Keeping in Mind their caption as a possible lens for feedback)
– I like..
– Hey have you heard of….?
– Some things I heard that are important and exciting
12:00pm Lunch Provided
1:00pm Next steps. Who, what, when, where and how?
2:00pm Design Commons, actualize your next steps. Work time.
3:00pm(ish) To do list and next steps…. Exit pass… Departure