High School Redesign Foundational Principles:
- Meaningful Relationships
- Flexible Learning Environments
- Welcoming, Caring, Respectful, and Safe
- Student-centered decisions propel achievement
How might we develop a shared understanding of the reasons behind and best practices for student cohorting in a high school.
Inspiration and understanding of cohorting practices in Olds High School.
Identification of processes, structures, and supports for school improvement.
9:00 – 9:15 Meet at Education Center, carpool divvy
9:15 – 10:00 Drive to Olds
10:00 – 11:45 Tour Olds High, Q&A with admin & staff
11:45 – 12:30 Return to Airdrie
12:30 – 1:00 Lunch Provided
1:00 – 1:30 Reflection & Insight Development
- Record key insights & post to Knowledge Commons
- Gallery Walk
- If “Student Cohorts” was the answer, what was/were the question/s?
1:30 – 2:00 Ideation & Declaration
- “I Wish” Collaborative Brainstorm
- “I would like…” “My reality is…”
2:00 – 2:30 Collaborative Planning
- Identify your strategy, needs & make a SMART chart.
- Peer Critique & Revision
2:30 – 3:00 Next Steps & Divisional Support
- How can we support you and your staff in actualizing the strategy?