Rocky View Schools 4 Year Plan DraftingJune 8 - CSpace Calgary
Big Idea: The Rocky View Learning Department supports teachers and leaders who have innovative ideas and provides opportunities for them to collaborate on current initiatives and to inspire new ones.
Planning in education is an essential part of ensuring that all students have equitable opportunities to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes they need to be self-reliant, responsible, caring and contributing citizens. Planning ensures resources for education are used in the best possible ways to meet the educational needs of Alberta’s young people.
- Be Fully Present
- Bring a Creative Commons Mindset
- Adopt a beginner’s mindset
- W.A.I.T. Why am I talking?
- Take Risks and Fail Forward
- Make Learning Visible
- How will we work together to create an inspiring 4 year plan?
- What is the core business of Rocky View Schools?
- What are our core beliefs of education?
- What do students need to be successful?
- Who is leading education and teaching in the division? In the country?
- Where might we look for inspiration to design the best 4 year plan possible?
Firsthand exploration of design thinking processes and protocols.
Collaborative development of the Rocky View Schools Four Year Plan
Draft Narrative of the Four Year Plan including buckets (pillars)