Build. Grow. Learn. Together.June 15 Planning @ Granary Road
Big Idea: The Rocky View Learning Department supports teachers and leaders who have innovative ideas and provides opportunities for them to collaborate on current initiatives and to inspire new ones.
- Be Fully Present
- Bring a Creative Commons Mindset
- Adopt a beginner’s mindset
- W.A.I.T. Why am I talking?
- Take Risks and Fail Forward
- Make Learning Visible
How might we enhance our current and future practices as designers of powerful learning opportunities for students?
Firsthand exploration of design thinking processes and protocols.
Collaborative development of innovative educational practices
- Pitch Story Board for Critique and Revision
- Create a Search Criteria for Farm Site
- Logistical Organizer
9:30am Introduction, coffee. Norms for our work together
– Inspiration: Granary Road tour (with active learning park?)
– what do you like? what do you notice? what can you take away from here?
10:50am What is a Future School?
11:15am Reflections (table talk)
Watch Farm Roots Video
– Design team talk about the experience of visiting Farm Roots
– Pitch Story Board
– Group C&R
11:30am Site Criteria Tool
– Determine MRPs for Site Selection
12:00pm Shopping List
– What do we need moving forward
1:00pm Exit Pass and Join us at the Market