Our design thinking process features four phases: Discover insights and user needs; Define opportunities to focus on; Develop and test possible solutions; and Document and share stories.
- Be Fully Present
- Bring a Creative Commons Mindset
- Adopt a beginner’s mindset
- W.A.I.T. Why am I talking?
- Take Risks and Fail Forward
- Make Learning Visible
How might we enhance our current and future practices as designers of powerful learning opportunities for students?
Firsthand exploration of design thinking processes and protocols.
Collaborative development of innovative educational practices
Conversation between specialists within the learning department
Cochrane Learning Connection 8:30-12:00
Discover Phase: Identifying your Guiding Questions and Planning your Deep Dive Engagements.
– Review the agenda
– Review the Playbook Planning Norms
– The RVS Design Thinking Phases Explained.- Year at a Glance
9:00 Consolidate Staff Feedback from LEARN Video 1 and the Infographics.
– Include Diversity Profile information if available.
– Review feedback and staff questions to complete the Guiding Questions sections on
Playbook Pages 23, 24, and 25.
10:00 Peer Exchange and Feedback
– Pair with another School Action team
– Share your Guiding Questions from Playbook pages 23, 24, 25- Receive Feedback: I like, I wonder, What if…
– Switch Roles: Share and Feedback.
10:30 Break and Networking
10:45 Planning Your Deep Dive Engagements
– Learning Walks: When, Who participates, Who Facilitates, Evidence to Collect
– Student Engagements: When, Who participates, Who Facilitates, Evidence to Collect – Parent Engagements: When, Who participates, Who Facilitates, Evidence to Collect
11:30 Confirm the Steps with MRP’s and timeline. Schedule a follow up Action Team meeting to consolidate Deep Dive Feedback and Define your School’s PL Plan for 2019-20.