- Be Fully Present
- Assume a Beginner’s Mindset for the work. Park your title, be open-minded, empathetic, and Channel your inner Roy Group coach and coachee.
- Fierce Collaboration: Lean in, get creative, embrace discomfort and have an awareness of your role in creating an engaging atmosphere.
- Make, Create, Do
- We use processes and protocols that help us to be collaborative and creative together.
Big Idea: The Rocky View Learning Department supports teachers and leaders who have innovative ideas that re-imagine the possibilities for learning and provides opportunities for them to connect with each other to collaborate on current initiatives and inspire new ones.
Driving Questions: How might we develop engaging and authentic school based initiatives that help advance the goals in the RVS 4 year plan?
What opportunities exist in Rocky View for collaboration, community partnership and innovation?
Who will I need to support this initiative and in what ways?
Goals: To flesh out your innovative idea, and to share it to receive feedback for revision. Solidify your vision and package it so it can be shared with others.
A succinct narrative (elevator pitch) for the plan moving forward
A timeline for the year of planning sketching the benchmarks along the way.
A Stakeholder Map identifying important stakeholder groups and their relationship to the project.
May 11, 2018 – Agenda
8:45am Introduction and who’s who at the zoo
9:00am Pitch from Lindsay
9:10am Empathy Interview in pairs. Use the Flesh it Out tool
9:30am Group share and review the draft captions from your partner and refine or rewrite caption.
– Publish it to poster and set as the focus for the day
10:30am Coffee and Gallery Walk Upstairs (P3)
10:45am Stakeholder Mapping: Who are the stakeholders.
11:00am Illustrated Learning Journey: Timeline Scope and sequence the process (to dos)
– Learning Design Plan
11:30am Critical Friends Protocol: Share your caption and the essential details from your Pitch Tool.
Share where you are at and what might be tricky…
Partner/s Feedback: (Keeping in Mind their Caption as a possible lens for feedback)
– I like..
– Hey have you heard of….?
– Some things I heard that are important and exciting
12:00pm Revision and continued design time.
12:45pm To do list and next steps….
1:00pm Appetizers and fellowship