Team Leadership MeetingAugust 27, 2018
Share the Draft Narrative with leadership team
Share Goal statements and graphic
Share the year preview in developing our next 4 year plan
- Be Fully Present: put 100% of your focus on the task at hand and sequence to tasks in a row, as opposed to splitting your focus on many tasks simultaneously. (put the device away:)
- Adopt a beginner’s mindset: “In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, in the expert’s mind there are few.” Suzuki, Shunryu
- Embrace Radical Collaboration: Lean in, take risks, get creative, embrace discomfort and have an awareness of your role in creating an engaging atmosphere.
- Bring a Creative Commons Mindset: All of the work is all of our work. Through sharing, eliciting and providing feedback to each other and exhibiting what we’ve created our work will be exponentially better.
- Make Learning Visible: “Making a process visible makes a practice reflect-able” ~ John Maeda.
2023 By Design
9:00 Sharing our Narrative- Greg and Lee
– Our work to date explaining the narrative and the process for its development.
– Sharing the Narrative
9:15 Goal Statements- Angela and Greg
– Medley video sharing excerpts that reinforce the ICAN message, some kid videos, panel excerpts with ‘innovation’ coming from some familiar voices. ends with the ICAN graphic.
9:25 Sharing the Broad strokes of the 2018/19 school year.
– August 27- October 5: Share the Draft Narrative and Goals, Prepare Crowd Source Materials and platform
– October 5- December 5: Crowdsourcing Teacher initiatives toward engaged innovative learning, Outcome statements derived from stakeholders and teacher information about student learning, Interviews and research toward development of working groups to develop strategies and measures.
– December 5- March 5: RVS Celebration December 5 sharing teacher stories and successes, Working committees draft strategies and measures.
– March 5- Spring Launch: Final Critique and revision, Year One Plan presented and published, Launch and School Based Planning for I CAN in the 2019/2020 School Year.
9:35 Distribute booklets with Graphic ICAN poster, Narrative, year review wave.
9:40 Table discussions: What are some examples of innovation that happen in your practice/ building?
What are some strategies for cultivating an environment where I CAN can thrive?
Share a prototype or action that could advance an innovation agenda in your school for student learning and engagement.
10:15 Resume team leadership agenda.