Big Idea: Our design thinking process features four phases: Discover insights and user needs; Define opportunities to focus on; Develop and test possible solutions; and Document and share stories.
- How might we use collaborative processes and protocols in developing a vision for our school for the 2019/20 school year?
- What were the insights from the LEARN survey and from our school engagements?
- How have we addressed or How might we address the Priority areas in RVS:
- Student Engagement
- Instructional Practices
- Making Learning Visible
- What supports, initiatives, PL etc. will support each of the priority areas in your school?
A Visual draft of your PL plan and supporting evidence and measures for your SEP.
A stakeholder consultation process
May 13, 2019
8:30 Review the Playbook Planning Norms
8:40 The Big Picture: The RVS Design Thinking Phases Explained.- Year at a Glance
9:00 Consolidate Staff Feedback Discover Phase
- Review Guiding Questions and Insights on Playbook Pages 23, 24, and 25.
- Revise where necessary.
- Describe what you uncovered in a draft paragraph for each of the LEARN Essential Conditions on Playbook Page 27
10:00 Peer Exchange and Feedback
– Pair with another School Action team
– Share your School LEARN Profile draft statements.- Receive Feedback: I like, I wonder, What if…
– Switch Roles: Share and Feedback.
10:30 Break and Networking
10:45 Creating your Professional Learning Plan
- Develop your ‘How Might Questions’ on Page 28 of the Playbook organized by the four 4YP Priority Areas: Student Engagement, Inclusion, Instructional Practices, and Making Learning Visible.
- For each of the 4YP Priority Areas and associated Questions, brainstorm PL opportunities, in-house and external resources, and stakeholders for each.
- Refer to the RVS School Calendar and existing school PL dates and meetings.
- Develop a Professional Learning Plan that outlines the strategies, dates, and outcomes for each of the priority areas.
People, Programs, Resources, Supports
Making Learning Visible
Using the RVS School Calendar and your existing staff PL opportunities, create a timeline graphic sharing your Professional Learning Plan. for the year. Colour code or indicate which priority areas will be the focus for each learning event.
11:30 Confirm the next steps in delivering your PL Plan to staff and planning or facilitating upcoming events.
Schedule a follow up Action Team meeting to review feedback on PL, revise or add to your insights in the Playbook.