Big Idea: The Rocky View Learning Department supports teachers and leaders who have innovative ideas and provides opportunities for them to collaborate on current initiatives and to inspire new ones.
Discuss and prepare action plans for 2019 to share with directors.
Collaborate on priority areas of focus in the learning department
– New Curriculum
– High School Redesign
12:00pm Dave Morris: Updates and important items
12:30pm Review of the recent 4 year plan communique with Goals, Outcomes, Design Principles, and Strategies.
12:45pm Breakout Team Reflect and Discuss.
– What excites you about the new plan?
– How do you see you work changing?
– How might we develop an action plan to actualize it?
1:05pm Connected Communites Reflection. In a crossmojinated group reflect on the session run on Tuesday afternoon. What went well? What was Tricky?
1:30pm 2019 Team Action Planning incorporating the strategy insights.
– Share insights from the 12:45 conversation: How might our work change or evolve to actualize the new 4YP? How might the Learning Department develop aligned action plans to meet the 4YP?
– Discuss action plan/s with your director. These will be shared and consolidated among the directors and Associate Superintendent of Learning.
2:00pm Next steps and Departure
– 2020 Action Plans to follow the SEP timeline.
– March 22 Reflection on Action Plans and planning for June 5 RVS Gala